1. What is Slido?
Slido is a software as a service solution provided through a cloud-based platform which enables real-time active engagement of participants at a meeting, training, workshop or event organised by an organiser.
2. How can I use the service? Are there any ground rules?
You shall ensure that your use of the service (including anything you post):
- does not contravene any of these ground rules, any applicable laws (especially but not limited to, requirements relating to intellectual property rights, privacy, publicity, prohibition of impersonation, libel, discrimination) or the organiser’s instructions;
- does not contain advertising or a solicitation of any kind;
- is not otherwise objectionable (i.e. abusive, threatening, sexually-explicit, inciting violence, spamming, offensive, etc.).
- You shall not attempt to access or use the service in a manner that may cause harm to Slido, the organiser, their company or organisation or any third party, or interfere with the functionality or operation of the service or Slido’s underlying systems.
- You acknowledge that the title to all intellectual property rights in Slido, the service, Slido’s underlying systems, is and remains the property of Slido and Slido’s licensors. By using Slido, you don’t acquire any rights, licences or goodwill in any of Slido’s intellectual property rights.
- You shall provide accurate, complete and up to date information as reasonably requested by the organiser.
If you think someone is using Slido in a way which breaks these ground rules, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What if I don’t follow the ground rules?
Slido or the organiser may prevent your content from appearing on the screen (they can remove it or delete it). Slido might even block your access to the service.
If you cause any loss or damage, you may be liable for this.
4. Who will see the things I post?
In all cases, anything you post may appear on the screen at the event you’re attending. The organiser can also set the event up as public or private. In case the event is set as private, anything you post may only be seen by:
- the organiser;
- the company or organisation the organiser works for;
- any third parties the organiser provides it to;
- the other participants; and
- relevant Slido staff and third party service providers.
5. How are the things I post going to be used?
The organiser is the one who collects information from you and decides on the purposes for which they need to use it. Slido only uses your information:
- as expressly permitted by the company or organisation the organiser works for;
- as reasonably necessary to provide, maintain and improve the services;
- as reasonably necessary to prevent or address service, security or integrity, support or technical issues;
- as reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as reasonably necessary to protect Slido, other customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities or to respond to an emergency which Slido believes in good faith requires Slido to disclose the information to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury; and
6. Can I leave you feedback?
Absolutely! We really care about your experience with Slido and want it to be the best possible. If you’re unhappy about something or have some ideas for improvement, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you provide Slido with feedback, all intellectual property rights in that feedback, and anything created as a result of that feedback (including new material, enhancements, modifications or derivative works), will be owned solely by Slido.