Slido, now part of Cisco, is the industry-leading audience interaction platform. It helps users to get the most out of meetings and events by crowdsourcing top questions and engaging participants with live polls and quizzes.Apply now
You'll be redirected to our candidate portal
Help us to build a modern data warehouse and empower Slido team with comprehensible datasets.
At Slido we aim to design for the future. In it, we expect everyone to work with data as a part of everyone’s job description. That said, the preparation of datasets, metrics and their visualizations in a reliable and reproducible manner as a strong foundation still requires substantial data-specific expertise.
If you happen to be passionate about data and you are not afraid to use software engineering practices, this can easily be you!
- Take ownership of the design, development, and maintenance of key SQL data models, metrics and definitions.
- Collaborate with the larger Data organization on building Slido’s data platform using a modern data stack focusing on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Ensure the datasets are automatically created by procedures that are peer-reviewed, well-tested and documented.
- Extract data needs from stakeholders and transform business questions into automatable processes and analyses.
- Understand the market landscape through detailed analysis of Slido’s unique data, identify potential problems and opportunities to empower key business stakeholders.
- Educate the wider Slido team on how to use Slido’s data in a self-service manner, make data-informed decisions, and use their feedback to refine Slido’s internal data offering
Who are we looking for
- Previous experience with complicated SQL queries, manipulation of large data sets
- Experience with modern data modeling technology (dbt, Airflow) or BI tools (Superset)
- Comfortable using the command line, git, and general software engineering methods
- Fluency with Python or another scripting languages
- Analytical profile, passionate about data and problem solving
- Well organized with fine attention to detail and what we call “simply clever” attitude
- Good communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Interest in Slido’s vision, product and/or business context, past experience with SaaS is a plus
Why join us
- We are a team of 200+ people who are passionate about what they do and care about each other
- You have the opportunity to have an impact on a world-class product used by thousands of people around the world
- We share knowledge within our team of talented programmers, you will grow much faster
- We use techniques of agile software development
- We are fans of the Lean Startup methodology, we love Trello, Jira, Slack
- We have a strong culture of Freedom & Responsibility
- We support remote work
You can learn more about Slido’s Data Team on our tech blog.
Monthly salary (gross): 2500-4000 € (for Slovakia)*
* Salary will be adjusted based on seniority and location