Slido, now part of Cisco, is the industry-leading audience interaction platform. It helps users to get the most out of meetings and events by crowdsourcing top questions and engaging participants with live polls and quizzes.Apply now
You'll be redirected to our candidate portal
At Slido we aim to design for the future. In it, we expect everyone to work with data as a part of everyone’s job description. That said, the preparation of datasets, metrics and their visualizations in a reliable and reproducible manner as a strong foundation still requires substantial data-specific expertise. If you happen to be passionate about data and are not afraid to use software engineering practices to combine these two areas, this can easily be you!
What you’ll do
- Understand the market landscape through detailed analysis of Slido’s unique data, identify potential problems and opportunities to empower key business stakeholders.
- Transform business questions into analyses and automatable processes
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify objectives and goals of analysis and prepare reports and visualizations based on their requirements
- Take ownership of the design, development, and maintenance of key datasets, metrics and definitions.
- Collaborate with the larger Data organization to ensure the datasets are created by procedures that are peer-reviewed, well-tested, maintainable, and reliable
- Educate the wider Slido team on how to use Slido’s data in a self-service manner, make data-informed decisions, and use their feedback to refine Slido’s internal data offering
Who we are looking for
- Analytical profile, passionate about data and problem solving with fine attention to detail.
- Well organized with fine attention to detail and what we call “simply clever” attitude
- Good communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Hands-on experience with data manipulation and visualization (in Excel and/or any BI tools)
- Previous experience with SQL and dbt is not required but it is a big bonus. Be ready to learn new skills on the job though, as that is what it is mostly about
- Interest in Slido’s vision, product and/or business context, past experience with SaaS is a plus
- Willingness to question assumptions and validate direction as your analyses will have far-reaching implications
Why join us
- We are a team of 200+ people who are passionate about what they do and care about each other
- You have the opportunity to have an impact on a world-class product used by thousands of people around the world
- We share knowledge within our team of talented programmers, you will grow much faster
- We use techniques of agile software development
- We are fans of the Lean Startup methodology, we love Trello, Jira, Slack
- We have a strong culture of Freedom & Responsibility
- We support remote work
- You can learn more about Slido’s Data Team on our tech blog.
Monthly salary (gross): 1800-2500 €
* salary will be adjusted based on seniority and location, this range is for Slovakia