Our team is passionate about up-to-date technologies and is striving to build a world-class product. We’re looking for a motivated developer who will own the architecture and development of an end-to-end solution to one of our technical projects.
Examples of projects you could work on:
- Cloud graph rendering — Create a server application that renders graphs (via web app) and stores them as pictures (on Amazon S3)
- Slido Bubble embed — Create an interactive embeddable component for voting, which appears on a website whenever a Slido poll is active, that anyone can insert into their website (alongside a live video feed etc.)
- Browser extensions — Port our “Slido for Chrome” browser extension to Safari
- Customizable dark mode — Extend our dark mode, so that admin users can change the accent colours of our participant app even when it is in dark mode.
- Clean code — Refactor and improve our server code consistency, add and apply ESLint rules
- Product love™ — Add animations and other design tweaks, like confetti when you win a quiz or hearts when you like a question to the participant app and elsewhere in our product.
- Unit tests — Write a set of unit tests for one of our web apps. Learn how to write code that is easier to test
- Foresee — Help develop a prediction market tool that would enable us (or perhaps any other company) to predict the future of their features by letting it’s employees to bet on it.
- Smart customer insights collection — Use NLP methods for training an auto-tagging mechanism of tickets coming from the customers.
- Augmenting sentence representation with topic information — Investigate the enrichment of sentence representation generated by large deep-learning models with information about the topic of the input it was created from.
- What was my meeting about? — Deep dive into sentence embeddings and their use in keyphrase extraction.
- Mashup application utilising Slido public API — Many applications now-days provide API access to their services, allowing developers to create mashups with endless possibilities. Help us explore, how can Slido be used in such integrations, from zapier flows, integration into video processors, hardware tools or anything else.
- Candidates pursuing Bachelors/ Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
- You enjoy solving new technical challenges and possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Databases.
- The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Passion to code
- Experience or interest in distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, machine learning and applications of linear algebra
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Monthly salary (gross): 1600 €
* Salary can be slightly adjusted based on the level of experience and location