Boost the response rate and collect feedback while the participants are still in the room.
Make your opening remarks, speaker intros or closing sessions fun. Use an icebreaker poll or a quiz to cheer people up or to discover the participants’ expectations. To end your session on a high note, make use of a live quiz to recap the main lessons your participants learned.
How can you do this?
- Prepare the polls or quiz polls in advance
- Activate the poll
- Introduce the poll question and the options
- Invite the audience to send their votes
- a) Comment on the poll results and set the correct answer in a wider context
b) When using a quiz, display the leaderboard in the end and announce the winners.
- Using one word, what do you expect to get out of this event?
- What are two or three main insights you would like to take away from today?
If age is only a state of mind, which category best describes YOUR state of mind right now?
a) Cheeky child
b) Tormented teenager
c) Mad mid-lifer
d) Groovy grandparent
- If age is only a state of mind, which category best describes YOUR state of mind right now?
Who was the headliner of the last year’s conference?
a) Simon Sinek
b) Elon Musk
c) Michelle Obama
Which city hosted the conference in its first year?
b) Sao Paulo
- Who was the headliner of the last year’s conference?